Drawing on Fabric

I did a little experimenting with doodling on fabric last night. This picture makes it look grainier than it actually is. I just used a regular micron pen and added some white gel pen for little pops of highlights on the off-white fabric. I haven't yet ironed or tested these materials against water, but they don't run on the fabric when you're drawing; it all stays nice and crisp. 

What to do with such a thing? I'm not sure yet. I thought maybe it would be fun to cut it out and use it to make a decorative pocket on a t-shirt or something like that. Or give as a gift? Stretch on canvas? Embroider around it? Put it in a drawer and forget about it for a few years? Tough decision...

2 comments:

Nikki Jeske said...

I think that's gorgeous! I think maybe stretching it on canvas would be really nice and having it in a little frame. :)

kate samworth said...

Jenn! please email about an art and ecology show I'm putting together. I don't have your contact info!
xo, Kate Samworth